Boat Projects

New Awlgrip on topsides

 

House Battery Bank- 660 AHr  (Three 8D batteries installed just aft of engine.)

 

New stainless steel cowl vents

 

New barrier coat on bottom

 

Custom-made 35 gallon holding tank installed under V-berth

Click here for details.

 

Replaced forward and aft hatches with new Lewmar Ocean series hatches

 

 

Icom M-802 SSB and M-502 VHF Marine radios installed in cabinet of nav station.

 

Schaefer in-boom furler, Kato Marine davits, and new Sharp Canvas biminy, dodger, and cockpit enclosure

 

Forespar 13-24 50/50 aluminum carbon whisker pole mounted on mast

 

 

We got tired of ill-fitting toilet seats, so Linda made her own out of teak plywood.  We also added a step to make sitting more comfortable. 

 

Portlight in cockpit bench over quarter berth area adds ventilation--and is popular with the kids

   
   

 Rutland 913 wind generator

 

 

The port locker in the focsle has been turned into a plumbing closed.  It contains the  PUR 40E watermaker (right), the manual waste pump (left), and the washdown pump (top).  The large filter hanging from the top of the locker is the prefilter for the watermaker.

 

 

 Raymarine radar/chartplotter and autopilot remote (not pictured) installed at helm

 

 Installed teflon tracks under companionway hatch to make it slide easier

 

 

The cabin was lightened up a bit by painting the area around the portlights with white epoxy. 

 

 

We added a door for easier access to the pilot berth foot area, which we normally us for storage.  The door and frame came from the old nav station cabinet, which was turned into the radio shack (see previous photo). 

 

 

Under the quarterberth:  from top to bottom 1500W inverter, regulator for solar panel and wind generator, racor fuel filter, electronic fuel pump, and back-up racor fuel filter.

 

 

New Jabsco Sensor-Maxi 17 pressure pump installed under starboard settee (the rust area is the footprint of the old pump)

 

 

The new smaller pulley on our new raw water pump increases water flow by about 20%.

 

The mast step before and with new cover

Leaky rudder repair:  We cut a hole in the rudder just above the indentation for the pintle bar and removed all the foam.  This revealed large holes aft of the pintle bar and around the washer the rudder post sits on.  We glassed around the rudder post,  poured in epoxy with microballoons to a level covering the bottom 1 inch of the rudder post, and added some glass fibers to that.  Finally, we filled the void with foam and glassed over the hole.  Now the rudder is better than new.

 

 

Put shelves in starboard forward hanging locker, dramatically increasing the usable storage space.